Hello! You’ve once again made a terrible decision by coming here. If you hurry, it’ll be like nobody ever knew you where here!
Ok, we warned you……
This is our official ranking of the Call of Duty Series, up to this point!
We’re going to rank them on an individual developer basis, and then into one collective list! We’ll give our thoughts on each game in the final ranking.
Note: We will only be including the main line games. Also, we’ll be including Modern Warfare in Infinity Ward’s list, as it began as their game. Also, this is a very complicated list, as there is a wide variety of games here.
7. Call of Duty: Ghosts
6. Call of Duty
5. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
4. Call of Duty 2
3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
2. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
2. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
1.Call of Duty: WW2
6. Call of Duty 3
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
4. Call of Duty: World at War
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops
Alright! Now that that’s out of the way, let’s get to the collective list.
15. Call of Duty: Ghosts- What can we say here? Just….not…good. Boring campaign. Samey multiplayer that didn’t iterate on the previous entries. Not a bad game, just not as good as any of the rest.
14. Call of Duty- The first entry. Great for the time, but has not aged well at all. A good first try.
13. Call of Duty 3- A fine game. Again, not great, not bad. It’s so hard to rank games where the title span such a long distance of time.
12. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare- This is where we kind of started experiencing Call of Duty fatigue. After the low point of the series ‘Ghosts’ was released, we were looking for something more than this.
11. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare- So much potential that was kind of wasted. A really cool concept, and a really cool idea for a campaign, but it never really came together. The multiplayer was fine, but somewhat forgettable.
10. Call of Duty 2- Not great, not bad. Infinity Ward was just hitting their stride. COD 2 was a respectable second try.
9. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2- The weakest of the Black Ops series. Forgettable campaign, and multiplayer that wasn’t as good as the first.
8. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3- The weakest of the Modern Warfare series. Campaign that wraps up the story, but is definitely anti-climactic. Same great multiplayer.
7. Call of Duty: World at War-Hardest game ever made. The campaign’s difficulty settings definitely needed tweaking, but it was still so much fun!
6. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3- The third best Black Ops game. Campaign was a little lackluster, but the multiplayer introduced a lot of new things that made the game endlessly re-playable.
5. Call of Duty: WW2- A very good campaign and solid multiplayer. Definitely the best World War game in the franchise, and excellent multiplayer added.
4. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4- The first entry without a proper campaign. Blackout mode more than makes up for this. The same stellar multiplayer makes this an awesome package.
3. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare-IW’s first entry in the modern warfare series. A truly legendary campaign that is probably still the best in the franchise.
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops- Treyarch’s first go in the Black Ops Series. ‘Sticks and Stones’ & ‘One in the Chamber’ made this one stand out for us.
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2- The high point and masterclass of the series. Literally hundreds, if not thousands of hours sunk into this game. The first time the multiplayer really felt modern(ehhh? ehhh? The jokes don’t get better).
So there you go! What do you think? Are we idiots?
Let us know down below!